Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Anniversary to me (us) !!!


Today is our 4th year of our wedding. We got married on 31 May 2003 after a distance relationship from 1997 to 2002.


We first time met in Ipoh (lecturer’s house) in Nov 1996 (I think). I was back from a short break (that semester I was doing my practical training in Penang) while Othniel was studying in the same Polytechnic. There was a mini gathering for PCFers (Poly Christian Fellowship). Normally, during this type of gathering, I would be busy washing plates but to my surprise, that day there was someone else washing the plate. That was how I got to know Othniel.


In 1997, after my practical training, I came back to Ipoh to finish up my final semester in Diploma. We became close friends like brother and sister since I did not have any brothers of my own and Othniel did not have any sisters. I was calling him my ‘sai low’ (younger brother in Cantonese).


We didn’t realize that we love each other more than a simple brother sister love. It was until a few incidents happened which slowly open up our eyes to know the reality. We grew from a close friend to brother sister to lovers without us realizing it. It was not planned by us but it was planned by God.


We started official dating on 13 April 1997. However, within one month, I had to leave Ipoh to Melaka to pursue my Degree in Multimedia University. While I was studying (Melaka) and working (KL/PJ), Othniel graduated with a Certificate and pursued his Diploma in Polytechnic Jitra, later Degree in UTM Off Campus in Kulim. During this whole period, we used public phones (with limited budget) and snail mail to keep in touch. We couldn’t afford a computer or handphone. When I was working in KL/PJ, we would meet up during Othniel’s holidays (Othniel’s family is staying in KL/PJ). We managed to keep our relationship even though a lot of people was having doubts on our relationship due to distance and also age gap.


Othniel started to work in Shah Alam in early 2002. By the time he got confirm from his job, he decided that it was time for us to settle down. Without any cash and saving, we started to plan for our wedding for 1 year. Well, we managed to have a simple wedding on 31 May 2003 in church and restaurant. We started our life by renting room with Othniel’s grandmother in PJ. Later we purchased a small 845 sq ft apartment in PJ which we are still staying till now.


On 19 March 2004, we were blessed with our precious boy, Jeriel.


Today, Othniel is in outstation (as usual) , so it will be a lonely day…..


17 comments:

Anggie's Journal said...

i wan to be the first to wish u this morning in this post.. Happy Anniversary to both of you, May GOD bless both of you and ur lil boy!! so fast hor.. 4th years..?? after u will be mine soon ..:)
What's ur plan for 2day? othniel around ?

Anonymous said...

Today I only know urs love story..haha..never ask u b4..

Happy 4th Wedding Anniversary to You & Othniel! May God Bless urs relationship and urs family!! :)

Anggie's Journal said...

oh...yah, u have a great church wedding, it's touch my heart when i saw both of you and u are very beautiful . oh... and othniel sang the song at the stage was very touching too... :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Happy anniversary to you. You are indeed blessed with a fantastic hubby.

Unknown said...

Blessed anniversary to you & Othniel....May the good Lord continue to shower His blessings in your marriage!

milkmaid said...

Happy Anniversary - Seems like it was only yesterday lar!!! I can still remember your wedding dinner you know !!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary, chanel !

jazzmint said...

happy anniversary..wah me oso kahwin 4th year :)

Anonymous said...

happy 4th anniversary to u!

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Anniversary wish to you both, Chanel & Othniel! May God bless you & family always. Take care.

chanelwong said...

anggie
Othniel was in outstation. Was at home with Jeriel...
I still has the video record of Othniel's singing in church

ruth
you never ask mah...har har...
Thanks a lot

shireen, esther, anne, chinnee, mamatang, arnie
thanks for the wishes...

jazzmint
married same year but you got 2 kids liau....i slow hi hi

A Mom's Diary said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, Chanel, and may you have many many more in the years to come...

MamaJo said...

All I could do is,wishing you 'Happy Belated 4th Anniversary'....and pray that GOD will bless you and Othniel...

chanelwong said...

waileng and jo, thanks a lot for the wishes...

iki ku said...

happy anniversary my dear... you are blessed with a beautiful family, hubby and son. Be content. We can't have everything in life.

KittyCat said...

HI Chanel - I love your story! Wow, your relationship really stood the test of time and distance. Happy belated Anniversary and many more to come =)

chanelwong said...

wanderer & kittycat
thanks for the compliment...