Thursday, August 02, 2012

Our memories – ‘More than Words’

This song just came to me last nite and I changed my dear’s ring tone to this song… However, hearing him sing with his guitar is always the best…

This was the song that kept us together during our long distance relationship. It was hard to be apart after just started to date for about 1+ month. However, we knew our responsibilities to our parents and each other at that time was to do well and graduate with a degree.

Our relationship had motivated him from just to be expected to pass his engineering certificate to continue pushing himself to get his diploma and last but not least his degree. He surprised quite a number of people of his achievement even though it was not a smooth journey.

Back at those days, we could not afford desktops and handphones. We were keeping in touch via snail mails and occasionally public phones feeding mosquitoes. He used to collect all the coins and would pass to me when we met up.

It was later when we had a desktop and also internet connection using dial-up, we had telephone but we limit our calls duration due to tight budget as student. The snail mail was our faithful connector for us. We would write daily (like our diary) and post the whole week letters on weekly basis. He made a nice arch file for me to keep all his letters and I still have the file till now. It brought back lots of memories wherever I read the letters.

When we were in war (even now sometimes…) I will remember how hard we tried to keep our long distance relationship and it is too precious to just let small war and argument to destroy it…

The song ‘More than Words’ was the song which he would usually sing with his guitar (both live and via phone). It was the song that kept us close even when we were apart…

Saying I love you
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

More than words

Now that I've tried to talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me
Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

More than words

Note: Dear, it has been a long time since the last time I hear you play and sing this song…. Would love to hear it again…

3 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Wah...Othniel so yuk ma one ah?? But really sweet. This song reminds me of something funny. Ask me the next time i see you.

chanelwong said...

PL, ur funny story is priceless n precious....

Babysmooches said...

Awww.... so romantic.... You two are a blessed couple.