Thursday, December 08, 2005

19 March 2005 -- Last Breastmilk

Jeriel was 1 year old on 19 March 2005.

On 19 March 2005, I did the last pumping for Jeriel from 7:15-7:45am. Jeriel drank 1 oz at 10am and the remaining 6 oz at 3pm. Last few days till now , experiencing engorgement -- breast harden and lumpy. Just pumped out some out to ease the engorgement. Quite sad after had been pumping for full time since Jeriel was 1 month old till now (was direct breastfeeding for 1 month using nipple shield). Jeriel was on breastmilk for 1 month and the subsequent month supplement with formula. I had to stop because full time breastpumping was taking lots of my time especially Jeriel's time. Sometimes, when Othniel was in outstation, I had to drive back home to pump then go out again to pick Jeriel even though my office is nearer to nanny's house.

I would like to thanks those who had been supporting me. My husband Othniel was very supportive doing all the housework inc cooking and taking care of Jeriel (he even take care of Jeriel from 11pm to the next morning) while I breastpumping.

My wish is for the next baby (which is not too soon because want to spend more time with Jeriel), is to get my inverted nipple corrected.....
Other related posts on Breastfeeding Experiences.

0 comments: