Thursday, December 08, 2005

Jeriel arrival on 19 March 2004, 12.26pm

Our darling son was supposed to due in early April 2004 but he was too excited to see the world.

On 17 March 2004, Dr Raman informed us that our little boy was not growing and his weight was about almost 2kg. Dr might need to induce him next week and if his weight was below 2.5kg, Jeriel would need to be incubated. It really made mummy sad but your papa had such a strong faith that he prayed very hard.

On Friday 19 March 2004, I experienced leakage at 2++ am but Othniel said it was just urine due to incontinence (hope I go the spelling right..). More leakage at 3++am.Then Othniel called Dr Raman's handphone who asked me to admit. I took my bath and was in hospital at 4plus am. Was put under monitor until Dr Raman came at 8:45am. Got regular contractions but bearable...Dr Raman raptured the whole water bag and dilated to 4cm.

Later a nurse put a medicine at my buttock to clear my bowel. About 11am, I was put on drip to make the contractions faster. By 11:30am getting pain (like having bad constipation) and refused epidural. Only took local injection and gas. The nurse in PMC taught me the right way to inhale the gas to be more effective.By then dilated to 8cm. The nurse decided to call Dr Raman because he is not based in PMC. He came at about 12pm. Dr Raman said that baby wanted him to deliver him(baby) out before he (Dr Raman) flew to Singapore that evening. I pushed twice wrongly but the third time I remembered Michelle Tan tip (remember to push like making big business) and pushed correctly. Jeriel was out at 12:26pm...Baby was small so just got one straight cut instead of V (3 stitches X 3 layers = 9 stitches). He was 2.58kg and 49cm in length.

Thanks to Othniel's support because he and I was praying for SuperNatural Childbirth even though it was not successfully 100% but the pain was bearable and it was just uncomfortable. I managed to go through the labor without Epidural and Jeriel was 2.58kg (above 2.5kg), so he didn't need to be placed in an incubator.

Jeriel's miracles
  • I was having diabetes during last tri semester but surprisingly was only for 1 week without any medication intervention
  • Being diabetes, Jeriel was not a big/heavy baby instead small baby.Jeriel came to the world the right WEIGHT
  • Jeriel came to the world the right TIME (before Dr Raman flew to Singapore, by noon so that both mummy+Jeriel need to stay in PMC for only 1 night and on Friday , so that papa can have weekend off to spend time with mummy+Jeriel)

Thanks a lot to our gynae Dr Raman....................

0 comments: