Friday, September 26, 2008

Upset moment for Mummy….

It was a half day upset moment for Mummy yesterday (25 Sep08). No…Ariel was ok… Some people would say this was nothing to be upset of..but to Mummy, it was…..

Mummy has been breast pumping in office and using other department fridge. Yes, Mummy’s department is sharing same area with another department. Then this department shifted upstairs. The new department which would be moving in had no fridge.

Then, Mummy’s friend who was from the previous department (which shifted out), informed Mummy that the new place had a pantry which had 2 fridges. She asked Mummy to come up and keep the BM there. Yesterday, first time Mummy went up to use the fridge. Lunch time, she informed Mummy that someone close the pantry door without realizing that the doorknob had spoilt and immediately locked the pantry. To make the matter worst, nobody had the key to the pantry. About 5pm, Mummy was confused whether to pump or not because Mummy’s cooler bag was in the fridge. Imagine how engorge were Mummy’s breasts. Mummy’s friend almost wanted to bang down the door for Mummy.
Mummy’s friend kept apologizing non stop which was actually not her fault. Mummy was very very upset because the door was locked and how to bring back the milk (pumped earlier) to freeze at home and how to pump or not during that time and if Mummy pumped, how to bring back home the BM without cooler bag etc….

At 5.45pm, she came down with Mummy’s cooler bag plus about 10oz BM which was pumped in the morning. What happen? She actually took her old Employee ID Card to open up the door for Mummy. Another of Mummy’s colleague sent Mummy home about 6pm. Immediately, Mummy began to pump at home instead office for that day (for 2nd session)..It was late by almost 1 hour from the regular schedule.

That was it…Mummy not going to use other department’s fridge. Mummy sms
Vivian from Fabulousmom and she said she got ice pack which could chilled up to 12 hours. PaPa would be going over to get for Mummy tomorrow and Mummy would be keeping all the EBM at Mummy’s cubicle from next week onward. Safest place in office.

Would you be upset if you were in my situation or Mummy was just over reacting?

Next, Mummy would like to share how Mummy’s breastfeeding experience 2nd time is in the next post. In short, it is much better…..than the 1st one.
Other related posts on Breastfeeding Experiences.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

u hv good friends who help u all the way!

Ruth said...

Ya... u should using ice packs... ice pack is quite cheap...can find in any hardware shop.

Babysmooches said...

can imagine the stress of the engorgement, and worried about precious milk gone bad and all... went through that when my bus was delayed last time when I transported milk. Kept hoping that the milk are still frozen and good.

LHS said...

ya, as Ruth said, better get ice packs, at least it is more safer..

Anonymous said...

I will be very mad and irritated too. Good thing you have such a good friend in the workplace. I have a fridge in my dept store room and I'm the holder of the key so no problem for me.

michelle@mybabybay said...

Hey I heard now there is those portable fridge give free by certain credit card company. You can keep it in your desk.

In US, my colleague actually have a mini fridge on her desk.

jazzmint said...

oh dear..that's pretty teruk. i can imagine that engorge time is so so painful.

Anonymous said...

I used to keep my breastmilk in my own cooler bag. I never use my office's fridge. Just don't feel safe. Your friend are so nice!

MamaJo said...

I guess it is normal to be upset in your situation, but, for others, it might be small matter, as they are not in your 'shoe'....

slavemom said...

I guess to avoid such unforeseen circumstances, it's best to keep the ebm close to u.

allthingspurple said...

Chanel, try technic ice. I use that to cool my expressed breastmilk where fridges are not available and once on a flight back to Malaysia, it actually froze my expressed breast milk. I think it's quite impressive. It last up to 12 hours. Can get from babyloft. It's been almost 3 years now, and it is still in good condition. I use them for long car drive ( 3 1/2 hour) drive out to FIL every alternate weekend to keep milo packs, yogurts, cheese, fruits and jelly cold.

Irene said...

ur colleagues are really veri nice ppl. engorgement is really hell! nasib you got ur BM back :)

ZMM said...

I think just using a cole man cooler bag or jar should also chill the milk.

My colleague used to do that, she put lots of ice in her coleman, and then just store her milk there instead of the fridge. Although I prefer the fridge to maintain consistant temperature.

Aunty J said...

I would panic too if I were you...stressful indeed...lucky you have a nice colleague..phew...