Friday, January 20, 2012

Me—coffee detox

When friends heard I was going through coffee detox, they didn’t know there was such thing. PaPa and I are really coffee lovers.

As for me, I only love the traditional kopi o or the grinded coffee beans especially mocha. My stomach seemed to reject strong Nescafe because it would cause like gastric effect in my stomach. Nescafe is more acidic and is a processed coffee. Unlike the traditional kopi o or grinded coffee beans I had no problem and I enjoyed the taste more. It must be less sugar so that I could taste the coffee taste. I would usually limit myself 1-2 cup per day. As time passed, I realize that I got immune to it and would need stronger dosage.

Well, since my assignment hadn’t really started, I decided to go into detox process to cleanse up my system and so that I would not need to take stronger caffeine. It was very very hard and those who loved coffee would understand what I mean.

I was extremely sleepy and was not myself. My mind was almost shutting down. However towards end of the 1 week detoxing process, it was much better. Next week I would be off and maybe limit my intake till the work started…

5 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Eh, but I read that moderate coffee intake is also beneficial for our health, one of it is that it can prevent some kinds of cancer. Do you drink a lot of coffee?

chanelwong said...

Shireen... that is the best thing.. I know the goodness of coffee......but I tend to increase the strength higher and higher..better detox first...

LittleLamb said...

ur detox is refraining coffee? no coffee intake at all?

I've tried one coffee detox but that was a nightmare. i guess u can google to find out.

A Mom's Diary said...

Everything in moderation is ok la. Coffee drinkers are also less likely to develop diabetes you know :-)

Babysmooches said...

Good for you Chanel. I noticed that you take very strong coffee too. Better keep in moderation. You can do it!