Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Busy getting replacement…

I had to take emergency leave on 5 Sept 2006 (Tuesday) – wasted my leave.

First, I went to IC Dept to get a Temporary IC, if not it will be hard for me to get the rest. I queued for more than 30 minutes at the entrance. I was No 8 and according to the counter, that day, a lot of people doing replacement IC due to snatch thief case. I was charged RM30 even though it was my first time.

Second, went to get my Car License. I was charged RM20.

I was quite lost because my new Maxis SIM card was not activated yet. It was only activated lunch time and I am using a very old handphone which has keypad and battery problem.

Thirdly, I went to Maybank. Surprisingly the service was fast and good. I remember the last time Maybank service was terrible. The Assistant Manager waived the ATM Card charges. The officer did all the linking of several accounts to the ATM Card while I just sat down. My new credit card number was created and automatically linked to my ATM Card for payment.

The horrible was Public Bank. Sad to say. I had to wait almost 45 minutes just to see the Customer Service to get ATM Card replacement. She wanted to charge RM12 per card. I wanted to link 2 accounts to one ATM card but not allowed. She went to talk to the officer and willing to only waive one card. To make the story short, I decided only to replace one card. The whole process of getting 1 ATM Card in Public Bank took more than 1 hour, longer than compared to Maybank where I settled more things….

Others Credit Cards, I managed to get waive by producing Police Report.

Today ( 6 Sept 2006), I got a call from Maybank to inform me that my replacement Credit Card is ready for collection in the branch. Wow….very fast, even faster than Citibank….

What a day……

14 comments:

LHS said...

Wow,Maybank improved their service already huh?!

Anonymous said...

so "ma fan" hor!

chanelwong said...

huisia
yup...much better than last time. Very surprise...

jesslyn
yalor...took 1 day off...

ZMM said...

Actually I didn't know you have a blog of your own now.. only started visiting you now.. so pai seh.

Btw, sorry to hear about the snatch thief incident..

Aigh.. and have to go through so much b'cos of all the lost cards.. Poor you.

chanelwong said...

zara's mama
I lagi paiseh because my blog is not so updated and not so interesting as yours. I enjoy reading your blog..thanks for dropping by and also the concern..
I am ok now..

Anonymous said...

Hey Chanel,

Si sorry to hear about the incident. Take care ya..

chanelwong said...

yeknee
Thanks a lot for the concern...I am now ok...

milkmaid said...

my heart goes out to you...I too had a huge scare gurl..

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

We would like to invite you to showcase your blog articles to millions of internet-surfing mums through the Surfingmama Blog Carnival. Make a difference for mums all over the world. Surfingmama focuses only on stuff that matters. For mums. Submit to us practical, useful & informative articles that mums need to make informed choices. Topics include childcare, preschool, child-education, child-safety, pregnancy, child-health, special-needs, breastfeeding, mothers-health, childbirth, getting-pregnant, and etc. Submit your article now to make it for the upcoming edition scheduled on 25 Sept 2006 at:

http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_506.html

chanelwong said...

milkmaid
thanks for all the help...

michelle@mybabybay said...

I always thot Public Bank give a better service. Seems that Maybank caught up.

Poor you have to pay for yr replacement cards when it is not even your fault!

Princess Mom said...

i know the hassle of going to govt offices plus yours is an emergency case

chanelwong said...

michelle
Public Bank Counter is ok but not other services..Pretty slow. Maybank service really caught me a surprise.

hmom
waste my annual leave....

vichelle said...

Chanel, really didn't know so much things happened to you! saw ur 'injured legs' and not knowing there's much more disaster after that!
Hey, can I send your blog to our customer service? haha. maybe, can you write to The Star to compliment us? Frankly, I think generally Maybank is more 'human'...