Monday, October 02, 2006

2 October 2006 – A day to remember

It is my birthday today but the time to remember. My parents and sisters (including their partners), bought food, cake and presents to celebrate a simple birthday dinner in my small apartment last night. Why? I am on semi-confinement in my apartment…

September 2006 had been a memorable month for me. Besides falling down with bad injuries on my leg and snatch thief event, I lost something very precious to me. Othniel and I are ok but deep in my heart I still remember and miss my precious.

Early Aug 2006, I missed my period but home test showed a very faint line. I just continued with folic acid. Due to time, we postponed our visit to our gynae because Othniel was in outstation for 2 weeks. Almost one month was smooth without any discharge and hardly any morning sickness—almost none.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Friday 22 Sept 2006 – 1st Visit
However, Othniel couldn't make for the 1st visit last minute. Othniel would only be back at night. I went alone for my appointment at 4.30pm.

After calculating, my gynae said I was more than 8 weeks, so should be able to see the fetus. He did a scan and he was not happy because he saw only oval yolk. Then, he asked me to come and see him 1 week later in case my cycle delayed which could cause the delay of the development.


Saturday 23 Sept 2006 – 1st brown discharge
I got my 1st brown discharge and I sms my gynae who asked me to rest and called him immediately if there was fresh blood.

Monday 25 Sept 2006
I started to have stomach cramp (like period pain) and some blood while passing urine. Then, I sms my gynae who immediately replied and asked me to see him.

I called Othniel who came from his office in Shah Alam to fetch me at PJ to see our gynae in Taman Tun. We arrived about 12pm.

He did the scan again via vaginal. He was not happy because he could not see the fetus. Everything was the same as the previous Friday. However, he did not want to give up and trying to stop my stomach cramp which actually indicated abortion. I was given an injection, Duphaston and 1 week MC.

That night, I realized some blood after passing motion.

Tuesday 26 Sept 2006
I still had stomach cramp and brown discharge. In the morning, there was some blood while passing urine. I sms my gynae my update. I was asked to call him immediately. After talking to him, he wanted to see me that evening because the medicine didn't seemed to work as it should be. We may need to decide whether to go for D&C or not.

Othniel fetched me from our apartment in PJ and we arrived the clinic at 4.00pm.

My gynae got one of his partners to give opinion with his two senior nurses. Through the scan, the 'yolk' seemed to shrink or smaller. His partner commented that the side of the 'yolk' was getting whitish which indicated that the 'yolk' was dying and stopped growing.

He left both Othniel and I to discuss. Gynae gave us option to wait but it would be messy as 'things' starting to abort bit by bit. We decided to do D&C the next day since gynae was free and Othniel schedule was free. Othniel would be busy on Thursday and Friday.

That night, we decided to bring Jeriel for a walk in 1-Utama because I would be confined at least 1 week at our apartment after D&C. Othniel did new spectacles to replace his broken spectacles.

I was bleeding heavily and saw a piece of transparent sag/bag was discharged out.

Othniel and I were calm.

Wednesday 27 Sept 2006
That morning, one big piece of flesh was discharged out before I went to the hospital. Everything was ok and I was wide awake at 11.15am. I started to eat at 11.45am. Othniel was waiting in the Daycare Room. I was out by noon.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------


From then till now, I have been on and off online working from home to do some office work. My mom was busy with the kindergarten in Butterworth. My dad had been using my Kancil and collecting my food from my uncle's house in Bandar Sunway everyday lunch (then would heat the food for dinner). My MIL boiled red dates for daily. Othniel sent Jeriel to nanny's house everyday (except weekend)

Sometimes, friends dropped by to chit chat or called me to chit chat….Thanks for all the visits, calls and sms…

Feeling sticky because cannot wash my hair and I still take bath once a day with water heater…



Our precious had gone to be with God at 9 weeks and 3 days.

He/She was supposed to due on 30 April 2007.

"Papa, Mummy and Jeriel Kor Kor will remember you even though you did not develop to a fetus…but you were still part of us for 9 weeks"



24 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

It is really sad to hear that. You take care of yourself. Don't think so much. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry to hear this.. do take good care of yourself and wishing you a speedy recovery..

Anonymous said...

Time will heal the pain. Take good care of yourself *hugs*

milkmaid said...

All things happen for a reason and I am sure He has decided this for the best of your interest. Take care my dear friend.

jazzmint said...

OMG...I'm really sorry to hear bout this. Hope you are recovering now and don't think so much.

Anonymous said...

Take care, Chanel.

Anonymous said...

btw...Happy Birthday to u!

MamaJo said...

I'm sorry to hear it...but, I know GOD will definitely bless you with a healthy and cute baby soon...GOD will always be by your side...take care, dear

ZMM said...

Things that people don't talk about is that for every 4 pregnancies, 1 actually end up in miscarriage.

I'm so sorry to hear this.. I know how hard it is going through a miscarriage as I'd gone through one after trying for 5years and finaally concieved. That was the child we lost before Zara came.

Rest well and just go through 1 month as though you are in a confinement (I still washed my hair and bathed but I ate confinement food).

Hope you are feeling better now. Mentally as well as physically.

Babysmooches said...

Chanel, I hope you're doing well now. Do let me know if you need my help in anyway. Take care ya? see ya around soon

IMMomsDaughter said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chanel. I am so sorry about your baby. *Hugs* to you. I can feel your pain as I had lost my baby at 12 weeks preggie. That was before Ryan came along. Take good care of yourself.

Mumsgather said...

{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

Egghead said...

Happy Birthday to you!
I am sure more good things will come your way soon... think happy thoughts! :)

Princess Mom said...

I am so Sorry Chanel. Take good care of youfself for a speedy recovery

chanelwong said...

michelle, yuet leng, skyjuice,milkmaid,jazzmint,jesslyn,josephine,adrian&alvan, zara's mama,baby smooches,IMMomsDaughter,mumsgather,egghead,Hmom
hi friends, thanks a lot for the wishes and concern.Nothing can replace such a beautiful friendship we have. May God Bless all of you in everything. !!!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through other parents blogs. Sorry to hear that.

My wife and I had gone through a difficult pregnancy in the beginning with our daughter Raelynne. We went for 2nd opinion and also more or less found the same results and then fly across the South China Sea to KL to get another 3rd opinion. The damage to the wallet was worth everything as we eventually found out she was okay.

After the 2nd opinion, the gynae suggested to abort and that was 16 weeks. Luckily we decided to have 3rd opinion.

LHS said...

So sorry to hear that. I hope you're getting fined now. Take care and speedy recovery for you.

Linda said...

sorry to hear that,,,

do take care urself...now is important to gain back ur health...

Sabrina said...

So sorry to hear that. I know how you feel right now. It's hard to accept but time will heal your wound.Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Take great care, Chanel..

iki ku said...

o my goodness.... i hope you are alright.... take care, ok?

chanelwong said...

julian,huisia,linda,sabrina,yeknee,yeekee
Thanks for the support and today back to work...

KittyCat said...

Sorry to hear about this - I have some friends who also went through what you have but they are now Mums with other children.

Keep the faith! My Lucas was born after 5 years - he is our little miracle too.

Anonymous said...

i hope u will have a pretty and healthy baby no2 soon or whenever u want to have a bb..
i feel so sad after reading this post even though its been awhile already