Monday, November 20, 2006

Our Birthday & Christmas Presents


Othniel and I usually don't buy each other presents for birthday and Christmas since we got married. We would get presents for everyone..funny hor..

I was using my handphone since early 2003 (before we got married) until the snatch thief incident. Othniel was using a secondhand handphone which he purchased from his colleague. My handphone was the old type with no colour screen from Nokia. Othniel was using the 1st generation colour screen from Nokia.

I am not the type of searching and updating myself with technology. I don't know what is 3G, Bluetooth etc..See, how naïve am I…I told Othniel that I just one a simple one and if possible with camera so that I capture Jeriel photos.

Othniel was eyeing on Nokia 6233 with free Bluetooth promotion. However, all the shops claimed that this promotion had ended or no more stock. He decided to wait for the price to drop further so that can buy Bluetooth with the price differences.

All sudden, while we were walking in the Curve on last Friday 17 Nov 2006, we decided to walk into a Nokia Handphone shop. We just asked whether it comes for the free Bluetooth promotion. He said he had some stock. Then we asked whether his shop had any Credit Card Interest Free Installment. He said yes with Maybank Credit Card would be 12 months with not extra charges. After that we found that our 12-month interest free installment for our Desktop Dell would end this month. What a coincidence so we decided to buy the same model for both of us.

This is the first time in both our lives that we bought an expensive handphone for ourselves. So we decided that these two handphones would be our this year birthday and Christmas gift for each other.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought my wife 6233 for her birthday and she was very happy. Its a good phone. Worthwhile buying. Camera also quite good quality.

Wah, one installment finish continue with new one again. That's how human is. Sometimes I do the same. :)

MamaJo said...

Sooo romantic!! I especially love the part of discuss, bargain, decide which to buy ;p ...after purchase, just need to explore it lor... don't scare of accidental 'switch' phone meh?

LHS said...

So, now both you keep playing blue tooth LOL.

chanelwong said...

julian
my hubby and I forever looking for interest free installment.All our electrical items were under interest free installment. Don't have soo much cash lar...

josephine
now overwhelm with the handphone..too many things to learn like upgrading from a small flat to a big bungalow..

Put different photos on the screen...

huisia
the nicest part of bluetooth is not having wire hanging around using handsfree while driving...This is really handsfree without wire...

IMMomsDaughter said...

Good for you two :)

ZMM said...

Once a while.. splurge on each other is ok..

I'm also still using a super old phone.. but I'm not those who wants to always be up to date one.. so I'm not bothered changing.

chanelwong said...

IMMomsDaughter
thank you, thank you

zara's mama
if not because of the snatch thief, I will still use my old faithful phone...so sad...

milkmaid said...

splurge once is awhile is okay - such is life: eh, what if you accidentally take Othniel's phone how ah?
I feel so guilty lar cause that day the snatch thief incident occur was because I asked you to go SS2 with me liao...

chanelwong said...

milkmaid
Anne, it is not your fault lar..it happens..anyway, if not, then no reason for me to get a new handphone...

Shannon said...

Hehe... so next time you guys want to 'talk' to each other and not let Jeriel hear you, you can use bluetooth and ur phones hoh.... :D

What milkmaid said is true wor.... what if u accidentally took one another's hp??

jazzmint said...

wahh..early christmas present hehe

michelle@mybabybay said...

What I like about handphones now, it comes with a camera. I can take shots of my children whenever and wherever I want. So I shall see lots of good pictures in your blog. :)

Tracy said...

Wah, wah, bluetooth summore. How I wish I have one too. Errrr..... actually what's dat? (heehee). Must hint hint to 'someone'.

chanelwong said...

shannon
we use diff photo screen , so far haven't swap phone yet...

jazzmint
use phone first, and wrap empty box to put under Christmas tree

michelle
hopefully more photos..

tracy
I only know bluetooth is wireless handsfree. Hoepfully is the correct description

Anonymous said...

I love christmas presents!!! Especially with installment plan too!!!