Thursday, September 06, 2012

Our third precious blessing…

JL’s prayer…

It was a journey for the whole family. JL wanted two more siblings – one boy and one girl so that he and AL each has a companion… We had to explain to him that my age is catching up and it would be impossible to have another 2. Then, he asked how about non-identical twin. He started to change his daily prayer from healthy baby boy and girl to healthy twin boy+girl. At last we negotiated with him saying that our apartment would be just nice to have another sibling. He requested for baby boy and AL requested for baby girl.

As for PaPa and me, we were ok as long as baby is healthy. I told PaPa it would be great if baby is girl so that AL would have someone to play with since PaPa’s elder brother had 3 boys.

The right age…

About 2 years before that, I sms my gynae seeking his advise what would be the maximum age he would recommend for a woman to have baby and at that time he told me 44 years old. During that time we were not sure so I have been taking folic acid for more than 1 year just in case we wanted to have our third one, we could do it anytime. On cross road...

The right time…

Last year I purchased Gardasil at a good price and my last dosage was in Dec2011. I sms my gynae and he advised to try one month after the last dosage which would be end of Jan2012. We decided to try for the third and last one. We managed to figure out how to rearrange our apartment to make space for one more… to be shared later.

Being born in dragon year, I didn’t want my next baby to be in this year because of all the challenges I had been through to get place in local university. Yes, I managed to survive. PaPa wanted to have this year baby to keep the kids’ age gap to 4+ years. He said his son/daughter would make it through the challenges being born in this year…

We tried as per gynae advise… it was not immediately and as much as I hope it will not be a December baby. Besides that, also both JL and AL were born before my birthday. Nevertheless, God knows what is best… December would be a better month for the baby. After thinking over it, God is indeed great because it would a school holiday that I would need to rush both JL and AL to prepare for school every morning plus no exam. It would a great time for family to bond together and spend time together with the newborn.

It is positive…

When we found out positive in Apr2012, I was super nervous because of my age plus past experience. We were comforted when the baby’s heart was detected after the 2nd check-up. I had nuchal scan which was a good result and due to my age, Dr decided a further blood test would be better. (During AL’s time, I did only nuchal scan without having to go through blood test). The blood test was expensive.

2 sacs?

At first, gynae detected 2 sacs where only one sac had heartbeat and the other one was empty. I didn’t experience any bleeding. Gynae suspected that maybe I may have twin (I remember JL’s prayer…) in the beginning but at the end only one survive… The sac just diminished on the following month check-up.

Body adjustment…

I went through 1st pregnancy before 30s and 2nd pregnant in early 30s. Now with the current pregnancy after mid 30s, it was really different.

Initially, I was having low placenta which we were praying hard for it to go up to avoid unnecessary bleeding in 3rd tri plus c-section. During the last month check-up in Aug12, gynae confirmed that the placenta was already moved up which was a good news.

My indigestion and heartburn was worst than I experienced during AL’s time. It was soo bad that I cannot do laundry, cannot cook and cannot bath AL because of the smell. I couldn’t accept the smell of the softlan, oil and AL’s top to toe body shampoo. I felt soo nauseated and extreme tired. My body also was aching very badly. During one of my check-up, my gynae held both my hands and told me to stop after this 3rd one seeing how tired I was with my panda eyes.

At 6 months this week, PaPa was laughing at the way I was walking like heavy duck… My backache also got quite bad plus I was not able to stand too long because I would feel pain at the bottom part of the body. When I asked my gynae, he told me, it was due to age….

Baby?

On the last check-up in Aug2012, gynae confirmed the baby is girl. Was JL’s disappointed? Initially yes but then he cheered up knowing he would be getting his mini room when his two little sisters were bigger where we would get him a bunk bed with his study table under the bunk bed… Yes, we especially PaPa would be embarking a big project on the kids’ room….

Why never update?

I was soo sick and busy with kids, home and work….that I didn’t have time to update in blog and also FB... . My office workload was and is still demanding. My body immune was low due to tiredness, stress and age…

I am very sorry that I didn’t announce… Baby’s due in mid December 2012 this year… I will update more on the next post….this is a long-winded post….

13 comments:

Cynful Pleasure said...

congrats Channel... look forward to hear more updates.. rest well..

Jesslyn said...

Why say sorry ar, we blog as n when we like mah...

congrats ya...take care...

Anggie's Journal said...

congrat to have another princess :)and take k chanel.
Is really not easy especially of our age was catch up .... u get lots of rest k .. do whatever u can, does u cant, put a side 1st especially housework . Health is more important.

God bless u

LittleLamb said...

The first thing that my mind was ur work as you told me before, very stressful and work changes. Glad all went well and all praises to God. Take good care ya.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oooh, another girl, how nice, dragon bb girl some more! Can't wait to see her in Dec :)

michelle@mybabybay said...

Congrats!!!

giddy tigress said...

Congratulations to you and your family! A baby is indeed God's blessing and miracle. :)

slavemom said...

That's great news! Congrats! No wonder u've been quite weak lately. Take good care ya.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and family!
Rest whenever you need it.

All the best!

chinnee said...

Finally you made your announcement. So glad to hear that you are moving into your 6th month. Hope the journey will be easier than early pregnancy. Take care.

Kit said...

A very nice update :)

Your family has such a strong faith in God - I believe baby no. 3 will be much loved by everyone!

Looking forward to more news!

coffeesncookies said...

take care and rest well... have faith, all will be ok ya ?

A Mom's Diary said...

I was so surprised to see you preggers during the gathering - you really kept it under wraps :-)